Miss Romania Oana Paveluc on Miss Universe 2010: 'Ximena is very shy.'

'Shy, reserved and always thinking of her boyfriend.' This is how Oana Paveluc describes the winner of Miss Universe 2010, Jimena Navarrete. Due to her timid personality, Mexico's delegate even turned down two interviews during her time in Las Vegas.

Two days after the Miss Universe 2010 pageant, I've said 'Goodbye!' to all the girls and left Las Vagas. The only one who I missed saying 'Goodbye!' to was precisely Miss Mexico, Miss Universe 2010, she checked out from the hotel immediately after the pageant.

During these three weeks in Las Vegas Jimena was very unsociable. During her meals she used to sit all by herself and every single time I tried to talk to her she kept telling me that she was sad because she was missing her boyfriend from Mexico.

They've been together two years now and she was frequently crying because she was missing him. I found it very difficult to communicate with her because she does not speak any foreign language, a translator or another Latin America's delegate was always required to help her.

She began feeling more confident and at ease after her boyfriend started visiting her during the last week before the pageant. She complained to us anyway that the ongoing commotion surrounding her confused her, but apparently seeing her boyfriend helped her.

As for me, last night I arrived in Atlanta and today I think I won't be going out at all. I only want to rest because tomorrow I am going to participate in a fashion fair.'

No comments:

Post a Comment